How To Set Up Zoom
Setting up Zoom on your device
Start setting your Zoom app and account now! Don’t wait till Sunday!
What device should I use?
Use a laptop or tablet with a built-in camera or webcam. The bigger the screen, the more faces you can see! 😀
Mobile phones only allow us to see a maximum of 4 faces on your screen. On your laptop, you can see up to 50 at one time!
You may also connect your laptop to your TV screen, but be sure to interact with us through the webcam on your laptop!
How do I download and set up Zoom?
1) Download the free Zoom app here.
2) Sign up for a free account.
I downloaded Zoom before. How do I update it?
1) Launch and sign in to your Zoom app on your laptop.
2) Click your profile picture on the top right corner of the window.
3) Click “Check for updates”. If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it. Check that you are using Version 5.
How do I enter the Zoom call?
Method 1: Simply click the link in this Zoom message that will be sent out on our communication channels. Type in the password.
Method 2: Launch your Zoom app.
1) Click “Join”
2) Enter the Meeting ID and your real name.
3) Click “Join”
4) Enter the password
Once you’re on the Zoom call
Video and microphone settings
When you enter the meeting, you will be prompted to “Join Audio”. Click “Join with Computer Audio”.
At the bottom left corner of your Zoom window, you’ll see a microphone symbol and a camera symbol.
1) Microphone: The microphone symbol should have a red line across and say “Unmute”. The host will mute everyone in the meeting as we will encounter bandwidth issues and lag if everyone speaks at the same time!
2) Camera: Ensure your video is turned ON so we can see you! If you see a red line across the camera symbol, click it to turn your camera on.
You should see the two symbols as such:
Help! I can’t hear anything.
1) Increase the speaker volume on your device.
2) If you are using earphones, check that it is properly connected to the device.
3) Go into your Zoom audio settings (click the arrow beside the microphone symbol and increase the volume:
Help! I can only see the person speaking.
On the top right of your Zoom window, click “Gallery View” to see 25 people at one time! If you only want to see the speaker, click the “Speaker View” button at the same place.
How do I see more people on the same screen?
If you only see 25 people at one time and want to see up to 49 people on the same screen, head to your video settings and check the box that says “Display up to 49 participants per screen in Gallery View”.
If you are using your mobile phone, you will only be able to see a maximum of 4 people at one time.
I see 25/50 people on my screen. How do I see the rest of the people?
Click the arrows on the left and right of the screen to scroll through and see everyone!
Join us at 10am for online service and see you on Zoom at 11.45am!
If you still encounter issues after using this guide, call a fellow Carmelite for help!