Worship In Homes
Worship Service Livestream
- You can watch it on any device that is connected to wifi/mobile data and has a working internet browser.
- You can access it anytime from 9am to 11.59pm on 22 March, Sunday. Whether you log on at 10am or 10pm, just rewind the video to the start of the service.
- The recording will be removed at 11.59pm due to licensing issues. If you miss the stream, you can listen to the sermon recording here.
The Carmel Weekly & Order of Service
- Follow the order of service
- Refer to the announcements
- Listen to the message using the sermon points as a guide
- Use the discussion/reflection questions provided
- Read the editorial from the pastoral team
- Pray for the world and the church with the prayer points provided
Worshipping in Families
Each week, parents of Sunday School children will receive a lesson package to conduct with their children. It will be sent via Whatsapp. If you are not yet connected, contact Chor Tiang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Worshipping in Care Groups (CGs)
On Sundays, you may choose to connect individually or as a family via livestreaming – that is perfectly fine. As we rethink and re-shape church during this season of suspension, we are encouraging CG Sunday Service based on your schedule and availability.
Let us care and connect with the following in mind:
Connecting with one another
- Take your time to get used to worshipping in your homes and through the screen. Being unable to meet doesn’t stop us from connecting as a church.
- You may use the discussion questions provided to share your thoughts and application of the sermon.
- Encourage one another with God’s Word and share how He has been working in your life. Spur one another on towards love and good deeds (Heb 10:24-25).
- Plan one synchronized time during the week to pray for one another, the church and our world.
- Look out for those not in CGs and welcome them into your community!
- Send a group photo and the attendance (include those on Zoom) to Deacon Terry (9750 1195) or Lai San (email@example.com). Keep us updated on how you are doing and connecting with one another! The pastors are praying for all of you.
- Minimise physical contact: (a) sit 1m apart and (b) avoid holding and shaking hands.
- Greet each other with a wave, smile, or in your own creative no-contact style.
- Avoid group-hopping. Stick to one regular meeting group.
- Sing the songs meditatively as the worship leader leads us in worship. Pray the songs as you listen.
- If a home is unable to accomodate everyone in a CG with adequate social distancing, consider (a) meeting in 2 or more homes, or (b) meeting on Zoom.
Let’s continue to partake in Holy Communion as a community, in remembrance of the body and blood of Jesus that was broken and poured out for us at the cross (Luke 22:19-20).
For Holy Communion weekend (1st weekend of the month), follow the livestream where the pastor will guide the process. CG leaders (CGLs) can reserve the required number of cups and bread according to your CG size. To collect the elements, follow the 4 steps below:
A word from our Senior Pastor, Rev. Oh Boon Leong:
“Since the COVID-19 outbreak, Carmelites, though at different places, are worshipping together via online services. The church scattered remains a church united in the Spirit. This is no less true when the church partakes the HC via live-stream. We remain as one Body of Christ. The presence of the Triune God is real wherever we are, observing HC as individuals or with fellow believers, in remembrance of Christ and His atoning death.
We invite all baptized members to join in the HC. Hear from Scripture the Words of the Institution (e.g. Matt 26:26-29; 1 Cor 11:23-26) and pray with the Pastor as he gives thanks and consecrates the bread and the cup. Remain in the spirit of repentance, humble gratitude and with a desire, by God’s grace, to walk by faith and in obedience to Him. And then, as one Body of Christ, we partake together, whilst physically apart, in unity of faith and in the Spirit. May this be a time of spiritual renewal and God’s refreshment for you!”
Tithes and Offering
Let’s continue to worship God with our tithes and offering. Launch your PayNow app and scan the QR code below to give through the app.
Zoom (Teleconferencing Platform)
For any ZOOM meeting, your host/leader will send u a Meeting ID to connect online.
If you are not in a CG, join one now:
Click here or scan the QR code below:
Stay healthy and stay close to Jesus!