Join Us On Staff
We are looking for individuals to join our staff. Please refer below for more information on the current positions available.
Do you have a passion to help young adults develop a deep desire to grow and bring glory to God in every aspect of their life?
Do you have a vision to disciple the next generation of believers to love God and His people?
Mount Carmel is seeking a Young Adult Pastor / Ministry Staff with the pivotal role of shaping the next generation of Christ-centered disciples and leaders. This person provides spiritual and ministry direction for the Young Adult Ministry (YAM) where young adults are equipped to grow in their relationship and knowledge of God, who in turn reflect His reign to the world and in every aspect of their lives.
About the RoleSpiritual Direction
- Model and foster spiritual growth amongst the young adults towards a Christ-centered life through the Word, Spirit, Prayer and Service.
- Provide pastoral care and mentoring to young adults so that they are cared for, individually and as a group.
- Teach and equip young adults with the Word so that they will develop a deep biblical understanding of God and live out a life transformed by the gospel.
- Build a community of believers who love, serve and help one another grow in accountability and authenticity in Christ.
- Build an outward looking community who are on a mission to bring Christ’s love to the world, integrating their faith into their work and lives. Ministry Direction
- Lead the YAM committee in discerning and developing the vision, mission, values and direction of the ministry.
- Translate YAM’s vision into actionable strategies, plans, structures and activities along with the committee to bring about both organic and spiritual growth.
- Inculcate a mindset, lifestyle and outlook that YAM does not exist for itself but with the mission to engage the world and draw people to God.
- Manage a communication plan (through digital, social media and other creative channels) that is relevant to young adults so that they can stay connected and engaged. Equip Generation of Leaders
- Identify and disciple the next generation of leaders to model gospel truth and values in their service.
- Mentor, equip and empower mature young leaders to disciple others to become Spirit-filled followers of Christ.
- Build, encourage and shape the pool of volunteers to ensure healthy service unto God and His people. Administration and other duties
- Monitor, review and provide regular updates to the pastoral team and leadership board to ensure visibility and alignment of the YAM to the wider church.
- Collaborate with other ministries to help accomplish the vision and mission of the wider church.
- Prepare and manage the YAM’s annual budget to ensure good stewardship of the funds.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for YAM.
- Participate as part of the pastoral and preaching team to minister to the wider congregation. Requirements
- A mature disciple who have evidence of a growing relationship with Christ Jesus through spiritual disciplines.
- Experience in ministering to young adults either in a church or parachurch setting.
- Minimum 2 years of formal theological training. Those without theological training but with plans to progress to seminary education may first be considered for ministry staff position.
- Skills in preaching and teaching will be an advantage.
- Possess passion and genuine love for young adults and desire to see them grow and live out their faith in everyday lives.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to connect with young people.
- Possess understanding of and continuing to learn about issues facing the young adults.
- Possess strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to engage in tough conversations and with the ability to have constructive accountability conversations with the young adults.
- A team player who takes a collaborative approach to engage all stakeholders.
- Able to work weekends with Monday off. How to Apply: Please submit your resume to [email protected]
Steer the YAM through prayer and consultations to ensure alignment with the overall ministry and church direction.
Shape generations of Christ-centered and missional disciples, together with lay leaders and volunteers.
The Communications Manager will work with the Pastoral Team to develop the overall communication strategy, plan and tactics that is essential for the growth, health, and development of the church. As this is the leading personnel of church communications, the person we are looking for will first seek to understand, then express Mt. Carmel BP Church’s heart and voice authentically in all forms of communication.
This person will prioritize, create and ensure high quality, impactful and consistent communication to reach all levels of our church and to the community we serve. Understanding inter-generational mindsets and being able to craft and make strategic selection of communication tools to fit targeted audience preferences and needs will be an asset for success.
- Transformational leader, strategic thinker and creative director
- Partner for improvement, problem-solver and self-initiator
- Collaborator and relationship builder
- To study the “audiences” the church is trying to reach and use that knowledge to develop a strategic communications roadmap, recommend and implement outreach strategies
- To help the church appreciate and celebrate the life-changing works of God by capturing and creatively sharing those stories wherever appropriate
- To devise communication plan and lead the implementation of sensitive issues like crisis communications, staff changes, or deaths
- To create branding and communications guidelines, messages
- To project, plan and manage communications budget, lead resource planning and monitor spending
- To carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Pastor-in-Charge
- To standardize and supervise messaging across all platforms: online, print, and in-person
- To bridge the online to offline communications gap between all ministry initiatives
- To oversee, consistently update and monitor the church’s website and/or social media accounts
- Operational tasks will be supported by a communications executive who would be reporting to the communications manager
- To inform people in the community about the services the church offers
- To spur the people of God to good works for church-led ministry initiatives
- To keep church members informed of official matters, including services, meetings, building or staff changes, and outreach initiatives
- To provide people with points of connection to the church throughout the week
- To make it easy for people to get the help and support they need from the pastoral staff or church body as a whole
- To serve as the community and media relations where need be.
- To educate pastoral staff members on communication issues and processes related to the church
- To recruit, lead and train a volunteer communications, media and technical team
- To nurture and strengthen the Communications, Creatives & Media Teams with the necessary training for growth
- Have at least 8 or more years of relevant experience in communications and marketing; with experience in social media and digital marketing
- Good command of English with conversational Mandarin a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills to ensure accurate, clear, and consistent communication across all platforms
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the development and execution of various communication channels and platforms
- Clear in setting priorities and proposing new ways of creating efficiencies
- Has excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team as well as discerning how to develop people and system
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects with meticulous attention to quality
- Keeps abreast on creative, communications, and technological trends and willing to introduce and implement relevant pilot projects wherever applicable
- Good knowledge of design software like Photoshop, WordPress, etc.
- Willing to work on weekends with Mondays off
- Ensure that our mission & vision undergird all communications
- Direct and execute all church communications to ensure clear and consistent expression across various communications channels including consistent application of style and tonality
- Manage and execute assigned communication projects and tasks in accordance to planned timelines
- Produce content using various creative channels to deliver information to members and the public (e.g., pulpit announcements, publicity videos, flyers, slides, newsletters)
- Manage all social media accounts (e.g., website, app, Instagram, Facebook)
- Establish processes and support the weekend ministry teams to ensure the smooth running of all worship services and ministries
- Support the Communications Manager to recruit, lead and train a volunteer communications, media and technical team
- Support church leaders in the Annual General & Congregational Meetings
- Other duties may be assigned to you by the Senior Pastor as the need arises
- Degree in communications/media or marketing, 3-5 years relevant work experience is preferred (e.g. public relations, marketing communications)
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in creative tools, MS Office, photo & video production, writing & editing
- Experience in web design and content production is a big plus
- Willing to work on weekends with Mondays off