- Racial discrimination, religious bigotry, class and caste distinction, wealth divides etc. – all these bring out the worst in mankind. In Christ, all are equal. May Christians in every part of the world lead by example in loving everybody, regardless of any differences.
- Ask God to manifest His presence, power and peace for a world in chaos and facing calamities. Pray that many will cry out to find the one true God. Pray for Christians all over the world and in Singapore who face COVID-19, sickness, grief and persecution, to remain steadfast in Christ.
- Pray that the gospel of Christ will continue to be preached and that the glory of God remains apparent despite the travails and spiritual attacks.
- COVID-19 is taking a toll on many people: job losses, family strains, claustrophobia, diminished social interactions, and increasing mental challenges. Many singles in particular are grappling with loneliness and need to be connected. Ask God to instill in Singaporeans a desire and the discipline to live healthily and holistically, observing healthy boundaries and life balance.
- Pray that Christians in Singapore will not be complacent and will continue to bear good witness to local communities, as well as stand fast in obedience amidst evolving narratives of race, religion and gender.
- Overseas Missions: Pray for our Overseas Missions Ministry as they plan for the upcoming Missions Festival in August focusing on digital missions.
- Worship Service: Uphold the teams involved every week to deliver Carmel’s online service: worship leader, pastors, scripture reader, musicians, AV, livestream team, recording team. As safe measure management guidelines from government change, they have to also adapt their methods accordingly. Pray for patience and the joy of serving the Lord!
- Alpha Course: Pray for the participants and facilitators of our ongoing Alpha course. Pray that God would speak to the non-believers and grant them faith to know Him. Pray for Carmelites to keep inviting friends – it’s not too late to join!
- Pray that our desire to meet and encourage one another will grow all the more even as we are apart.
- Pray for our hearts and our souls – that we would remain worshipful, loving, and clinging to Christ.
- Pray for focus on serving the community around us and reaching out to those who do not yet know Jesus.
For more prayer pointers on current events, the church, and our overseas missions partners: Prayer Needs – 21 Jul 21
Every Wednesday evening, we meet online to pray for individuals, the church, Singapore, and the nations.
Topic: Mt Carmel BP Church Prayer Meeting
Date: 14 July 2021
Time: 7.45 PM (Singapore)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2952017588
Meeting ID: 818 4185 8193
Prayer and Praise (P&P)
Four times a year, we gather as a church for P&P. Since the circuit breaker, our P&P has moved online. About 50 Carmelites meet over Zoom to pray and praise God together using a pre-recorded prayer guide.