Board of Elders Meeting (BOE)
Please pray for BOE who will be meeting on Saturday 21st August 21. Ps Boon Leong will be sharing what God has laid on his heart for Mount Carmel. Pray for a spirit of wisdom and understanding, discernment and guidance with regards to church plant after inputs from July’s Session Meeting.
Carmel Men for Christ (CMfc)
Thank God for the upcoming CMfC speaker event this Sat 21 Aug 10.30am, where our brothers will be meeting in person (@Chapel) for a time of learning on Money Matters – how to integrate Faith, Life and Wealth, to be facilitated by Dr Clive Lim. We pray for a blessed time of fellowship, to encourage one another to store up treasures in heaven and to manage well God’s Household, even in such difficult times. We pray for more Carmel brothers to come fellowship and be transformed by God’s perspectives and the renewing of our minds, so that we may lead well wherever God placed us to be.
We thank God for the many open doors and the opportunity to collaborate and learn from the various social agencies in reaching out to those who need a helping hand in our community. We thank many Carmelites who have responded to the call to assist the single mother whom we are helping. Every gift is being and will be put into good use for this family. Please pray for the following:
- Our church’s mission in the community would not be just a single ministry’s effort but the whole church’s concerted effort to bless the community with the Gospel.
- our hearts to be moved by God’s love for the community and our hands to join in and experience God’s work in the lives of the people in our community.
- God to lead and guide the leaders in discerning the area of focus for our community work that He wants us to be involved for 2022 and beyond. Please pray especially for the unity in the discernment team. We are also discerning God’s timing and guidance in setting up a non-profit charity organisation to spearhead this mission in the community. Our desire is to have a sustainable engagement with the community and to build platforms in which members of the church would be able to share their God-given talents and love and through this, to grow in their faith in God.
- One area that the Lord has led us in the last few months is to start a Reading Programme for young children, those in pre-school to Primary 4. Pray for wisdom and discernment to plan for this for the coming months and our desire to start this in January 2022.
- resumption of the Homework Help this coming Saturday. We thank God for an additional student who has signed up, so in total we have 9 students now. Pray for the volunteers as some of them are starting their University Term and may find it challenging to handle their studies and volunteering in this. Pray for more to volunteer to sign up to teach and journey with the students at tending the Homework Help. Pray for the Teachers to love the children through mentoring them and inculcating a positive learning experience. Pray for the children to sense the sincerity of our volunteer teachers, and will learn well.
- Praying for the families receiving financial assistance that their hearts and minds to be opened to God’s love through volunteers’ friendship. Pray for God to protect volunteers and prayer partners for voucher distribution and keep them healthy as they go out to visit the families every month.
- Pray also for opportunity for them to share of God’s mercy and love to these families.
Care & Counselling
Pray for the church members to make an effort to reach out to one another in love and care for mutual encouragement in this pandemic situation. Pray for those in CGs to continue to meet and care for each other not only spiritually, but also emotionally and practically. For others who are not in CGs, please pray that they would be able to reach out to those they know if they need any help.
PRAY FOR THE NATIONS
Prayer and Praise (P&P)
Four times a year, we gather as a church for P&P. Since the circuit breaker, our P&P has moved online. About 50 Carmelites meet over Zoom to pray and praise God together using a pre-recorded prayer guide.